Monday, November 22, 2010

Starters Names in English!

Tsutarja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru? No more! Still calling the region Isshu? Time to get an update! You ready?
Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott are the names of the grass, fire, and water Pokemon respectively. Not too sure how I feel about the Mijumaru's English name, but I like how fitting Tsutarja's name. Oh, and Isshu is now Unova, which the awesome people at PokeBeach translated roughly to "One New" from the latin words "Unum" and "Nova". Cool right?

Also:
-Zekrom will be known as the Deep Black Pokemon with the Teravolt ability.
-Reshiram will be known as the Vast White Pokemon with the Turboblaze ability.

Thanks to PokeBeach for the info, and thanks to my brother for telling me that the info was out! :D


Ian's Edit:
Snivy seems to be a mixture of snake and ivy, Tepig is tepid (which means warm) and obviously pig. Oshawott...I have no idea. The "wott" could be both water and otter, but I'm not sure about the Osha.

6 comments:

  1. And thank you Phoebe, for posting this while I was asleep! Thank God they're not TOO stupid sounding...though "Tepig" cracks me up. It's like "Hey! I'm de pig, Tepig!" LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like Mijumaru's name so much. I like Mijumaru better, and I can type it without looking now! xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can type them all without looking. Watch. Tsutarja, Mijumaru, Pokabu. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Mijumaru was the only one I had trouble with. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oshawott name is a mixture of Ocean+Water and Otter. at least I think it is?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, that sounds right, Robin. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclaimer

It is understood that Winx Club is owned by Iginio Straffi, Bakugan by Mitsuo Hashimoto (橋本 みつお) also known asGenjūrō Tachibana (立花 源十郎) and Pokemon by Satoshi Tajiri (田尻智). I do not claim that I own these creations, I give all credit to Iginio Straffi, Mitsuo Hashimoto (橋本 みつお) and Satoshi Tajiri (田尻智). All videos from the website "YouTube" are linked to the page they came from. I do not claim I own the videos from "YouTube" that are posted on this website (winx-bakugan-pokemon.blogspot.com). All graphics on this webpagethat are owned by any other person will be removed if he or she wishes it so. This agreement was written by me, Ian Kowal, the owner of this blog, next to Blogger, the website which created the base of this blog. This agreement includes the content of the following pages.